Ed. Note: This is the fourth part of a ten-part wrap-up of Rick Perry's history of cover-up and corruption that will run on Burnt Orange Report today.
According to state schedules, Perry has used taxpayer-funded staff and other state resources for his campaign purposes, a clear violation of the law. Perry has covered-up his secret state schedules to avoid being held accountable, and for years has maintained a practice of deleting all e-mails after one week. Perry’s office has admitted they keep two calendars.
From the Texas Tribune, “White Campaign Alleges Perry Keeps Secret Schedule“:
When Perry was questioned about his spare schedule in an interview with WFAA-TV last month, he estimated he works “12 to 14 hours” a day, and further said, “I consider everything I’m doing state business.” His Sept. 15 schedule shows governor’s staff was tasked with briefing Perry on tort reform in advance of a political endorsement, and that two former gubernatorial appointees were listed as point persons at a roundtable and a dinner hosted for Perry at a Houston couple’s residence.
- Texas Tribune – White Campaign Alleges Perry Keeps Secret Schedule
- Texas Tribune – Governor Responds To “Secret Schedule” Criticism
- Dallas Morning News – Perry's changing explanation of keeping his calendar secret
- Burnt Orange Report – Part-Time Perry's Secret Schedule Shrouds His “Work” in Privacy
- Burnt Orange Report – Rick Perry Admits He Hides Secret Schedule, Which Is Illegal Under Texas Law