The administrating of BOR is a group effort, and unfortunately we will fail to have the time to notice every case of abuse of the guidelines. We depend on the community to help moderate.
– Read more about our comment ratings policy here.
– Read more about our username policy here.
Here are the guidelines for the Burnt Orange Report user community:
- Post as many comments as you like, but only 1-2 journals per day. No single or two-line journals–if it's a comment, put it in a comment thread. Don't clutter the journals with foolish commentary on BOR itself. More journal rules are listed here.
- Do not troll rate (rating as 0) another user's comment unless it is a comment that violates one of these guidelines. Abusing this privilege will result in retaliatory troll rating by a site admin and/or getting a warning or being banned.
- 'Trusted users' (TU's) are those users that have 'mojo' and are able to 'review hidden comments' and can rate any of those posts hidden by a '0' ranking. If a trusted user deems the post should not be hidden, they can 'rescue' the post with a '2' rating (higher only if needed).
- Users who are excessively bashing the Democratic Party, or being Republican trolls, will be banned. This is a partisan Democratic site.
- Users who are spaming the site with unrelated material or the like may be warned and/or banned. Creating user accounts due to 'backlinks services' or with no purpose to engage in our community other than to spam the site is strictly prohibited.
- User content that in way could be considered libelous may be troll rated by users, deleted by an admin, or lead to the user being banned. With BOR's growth we have been subjected to threats of lawsuits and take this seriously.
- Users who are bashing or attacking any other user on the site, especially authors of diaries and frontpage postings, will be warned and/or banned. Elected officials and candidates for public office are allowed a higher level of criticism as they are in the public domain (but that doesn't mean you can use inflammatory language against candidates).
- Titles should not be inflammatory, and will be edited or deleted. Likewise, users who cannot write comments without excessive inflammatory language will be banned.