In this week’s episode, Imad and I compile quite a list of things we believe could only happen in Texas.
We explore the volatile week Ted Cruz has had from a birther lawsuit to his rise in Iowa. Then there’s the volatility in the oil market from deadly explosions to under $2 gas and oil slipping below $30 a barrel, which paints a poor outlook for the “Texas miracle.”
And, speaking of the Texas miracle, we deliver an update on Rick Perry’s legal troubles, and Attorney General Ken Paxton’s legal troubles…hint: it is only getting worse for them.
We also give an overview of Greg Abbott’s Confederate Manifesto and cover Lyft and Uber’s bid to avoid fingerprinting drivers by offering driverless cars.
Here is the shows outlines with some links to the stories we cover. Enjoy!
Left in Texas 95 for week of Jan 11th 2016
- Ahead in Iowa
- Texas lawyer files birther suit
- Trump hires Texas State Director
- Expanded investigation into Ken Paxton land deal with Collin County DA
- Greg Abbott’s Confederate Manifesto (9 Amendments)
- Rick Perry has spent over 2.5 million on legal fees so far, has new lobby gig in Florida
- Oil Prices below $30 a barrel and $2 a gallon
- 2 die in explosion in Pasadena plant
- More earthquakes in North Texas fracking areas
- GOP Senator and Chair of Senate Transportation promises fingerprint bill for Uber
- Self driving Lyft cars coming to Austin thanks to GM
- Welcome to Texas
- Some douche killed two whooping cranes, was arrested
- Two Lubbock cowboys give the most Texas interview ever
- Fetus found in Pasadena ISD restroom, girl identified
- Houston firefighters rescue window cleaners from Texas’ tallest building
- Border patrol found 2,500 pounds of pot inside fake carrots
- Houston Punk musician tortures and decapitates cat in MetroRail