Thanks to our friends at the Texas Democratic Party for sharing these questions for Ted Cruz’s anti-immigrant BFF, Donald Trump, as he visits Laredo today.
Today, Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump will tour the Texas-Mexico border.
With Trump’s obnoxious claims and belligerent remarks in mind, Texas Democrats have five questions we think are worth asking during his trip to Texas:
1. Will Donald Trump apologize to Mexican-Americans, Latinos, and immigrants for his xenophobic and racists comments? (We’re not holding our breath. Hate speech seems to be helping his poll numbers in the Republican primary.) [Washington Post, July 20, 2015]
2. Will Donald Trump let Univision and NBC (his former bosses, before he was fired) attend his theatrical visit to South Texas? [The Atlantic, July 2, 2015]
3. Is Donald Trump scouting a new location for his next casino resort? (Texas Republicans aren’t so hot on legalized gambling.)
4. Do the Mexican people living in Laredo make Donald Trump uncomfortable? (“When Mexico sends its people…They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.” – Donald Trump, June 16, 2015)
5. Will Donald Trump be on the lookout for El Chapo while he tours the border? (Isn’t Trump still itching to negotiate with a narco-terrorist?) [Politico, July 12, 2015]