Here are the West Austin Democrats' non-partisan endorsements in the November elections. Of course we endorse all of the Democrats in partisan races, from President to Constable!
ACC Board Place 7: Brig Mireles
ACC Board Place 8: Betty Hwang
ACC Board Place 9: Allen Kaplan
AISD Board District 5: Amber Elenz
AISD Board at large Place 8: Gina Hinojosa
We do not endorse in races that we are not eligible to vote in, such as AISD Districts 2 and 3.
Health Care District Proposition 1: (Tax increase) YES
City of Austin propositions:
1. Moving city elections to November — no endorsement.
2. Moving to November with 4-year Council terms — NO
3. 10-1 single member districts — NO
4. 8-2-1 single member districts — no endorsement
5. Council and appointees manage own staff — YES
6. Council appoints city attorney — YES
7. Reduce signatures needed for initiatives — no endorsement
8. Council members can fundraise after an election — YES
9. Allow city to lease parkland to schools — YES
10. Civil service for most city employees — YES
11. Civil service for EMS — YES
YES on all of the City of Austin bonds (Propositions 12-18).
A majority supported Propositions 4 and 7 and a majority opposed Proposition 1, but in each case the majority fell one vote short of the 60% needed for a club endorsement.
President, West Austin Democrats