Celebrating International Women's Day is made so much sweeter this year against the backdrop of dozens of advertisers dropping The Rush Limbaugh Show because of his latest sexist remarks. But Limbaugh was a sexist long before Sandra Fluke riled him up.
A trip down misogynist memory lane:
- Sandra Fluke: slut, prostitute
- Hilary Clinton: Sex-retary of State, and yet also testicle lockbox
- Hilary Clinton supporters: they've had two or three abortions
- Supreme Court Justices Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan: victims, not qualified
- National Organization of Women: National Association of Gals (NAGS)
Media matters has a pretty extensive list here.
Let's not forget that it was Perry who made Limbaugh an Honorary Texan at a Mike McCaul Fundraiser. McCauls' father-in-law owns Clear Channel, which hosts Limbaugh's show. Bain (of Romney's sordid past) also owns Clear Channel. And the Clear Channel directors heap money on Romney, who now won't criticize Limbaugh for the Sandra Fluke remarks. Guess it helps to have friends in low places.