Over the weekend, Mitt Romney claimed that he was “severely conservative,” which is a severely odd phrase. Texas' Congressman Ron Paul got himself a headline by being befuddled at the Massachusetts presidential candidate's statement:
Ron Paul counts himself among the baffled by Mitt Romney's description of himself as a severe conservative.
“I think I share your interest in that, because that was the first time I’ve heard that definition, so I guess Mitt will have to tell us exactly what it means,” the Texas congressman and GOP presidential contender said Sunday on CBS's “Face the Nation.” “Obviously, he means he’s a serious conservative, and he was trying to defend himself, or portray himself as such, but I don’t know exactly what he was meaning by that.”
Ron Paul is one severely confused politician in general, though. He's just simply…confused about a lot of things.
Here are a few examples, as a reminder:
- This first one actually came from a google search: Ron Paul confused. Once, Ron Paul was confused by his own tweet, not understanding it once a reporter read it back to him.
- Of course, Ron Paul is confused at to how his name could possibly have been on racist newsletters decades ago that he was intimitely involved in.
- You can never stop making fun of Paul on the Fed. “There is no greater threat to the security and prosperity of the United States today than the out-of-control, secretive Federal Reserve.” Seriously…Seriously? I guess we now know why Paul is so against regulating a financial industry that brought about a Great Recession…because, you know, the possibility of another major economic downturn isn't that much of a threat.
- “no big government spending program can or will solve our nation’s education problems,” according to his website. And even some Democrats will agree with that one. But then he ewants big government programs…on homeschooling.
- And finally – tonight's Valentine's Day, and many of you might just be leaving or getting home from dates. Ron Paul's the right candidate for someone's girlfriend, because he's obviously against government intrusion into anyone's private lives or entrenchment upon anyone's personal freedoms…especially when it concerns women!!!….right?…wait…what's “Honest Rape” again?