Today is Day 59 of Rick Perry refusing to debate Bill White.
A new political action committee billing itself as the Back to Basics PAC has produced a 30-second anti-Perry spot that is expected to start running in select Texas markets tonight. Democratic sources say the ad buy totals $250,000, and hits on a theme we've heard a lot this summer: Perry's elite lifestyle, in the face of a multi-billion dollar budget crisis.
That is a fantastic television ad. Great to see Democrats hitting Perry hard early on in the summer.
Previously on BOR:
- Bill White, Rick Perry Tied 43-43 in PPP Poll; Rick Chicken Perry Loses Independents
- Texans for Public Justice Files Ethics Complaint on Rick Perry's Mansion Fund
- Rick Perry Blames DPS, Legislature for His Rental Mansion Extravagance
- Rick Perry's Favorite Things: “It Sucks To Be You, But It's Great Being Me!”
- Becky Moeller & the Texas AFL-CIO Offer Rick Perry Alternative Housing for $1 a Year
- Rick Perry's $10,000 a Month Rental Mansion Comes With a $700 Clothes Rack