Today is day 52 of Rick Perry refusing to debate Bill White.
Last week, Bill White held a press conference in Austin to challenge Rick Perry for his ongoing absence from the duties of his office. Labeling him “Part-Time Perry” White and his campaign team laid out the following charges and research:
As the state faces a budget hole of $18 billion, Part-Time Perry continues to charge Texas taxpayers over $9,000 a month in rent and $428.57 an hour for work.
Perry's extravagant rental mansion is worth $1.85 million, 10 times more than the average price for a home in Texas, which is $183,800.
“Texas taxpayers are stuck with the bills for Rick Perry's fancy mansion, his Food & Wine magazine and his one and a half chefs, while Perry charges $428.57 an hour for work,” Bill White said. “He's been a career politician for so long he's forgotten who he serves. Texans deserve a governor who's working for them, not himself, and a governor who works as hard as they do.”
State schedules released last week showed Perry averages just seven hours of work per week.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average work week for Texans is 40 hours.
Perry's state schedules are available at www.billwhitefortexas.com/parttimeperry.
The image to the right is for fun. Feel free to use as you please.
Previously on BOR:
- Rick Chicken Perry Meets Disco Chicken: “Ask Mee! Ask Mee!”
- Rick “Chicken” Perry Campaign Hosts Bill White Press Conference
- LIVEBLOG – Rick Perry Campaign Tries to Host Press Conference at TCDP Coordinated Campaign
- Day 49 of Rick Perry Refusing to Debate: Repub. Consultant Says Bill White is Perry's “Nightmare”
- Day 45 of Rick Perry's Refusal to Debate: “Let's Call That What It Is. CRAP.”