0 Flares 0 Flares ×
- The Austin Chronicle has a great, if depressing, story on the state of higher education and where UT-Austin is headed given the upcoming budget environment.
- Governor Rick Perry is going to be releasing a book this fall right before the election titled “Fed Up”.
- Google claims to have helped generate over $3.2 billion in economic activity for Texas last year.
- A Formula One racetrack is set to come to Austin as announced today by Mayor Lee Leffingwell. The city will also host an annual race from 2012-2021 and will involve the construction of a world-class racetrack, the first to be built in the United States. The deal should provide a economic shot in the arm for the city both in the construction and racing phases to provide a unique sporting event for a unique city.
- Austin Community College is going to buy a big chunk of land and space formerly occupied by Dillard's at Highland Mall in Austin. Good news if you are hoping for the mall in it's current form to die, bad news if you are hoping for the mall to be bulldozed and turned into something more useful.
- CAMPO adopts their 25 year plan on a 17-2 vote which includes SH45 which was opposed by Travis County Commissioner Karen Huber and the Mayor of Sunset Valley.